Wood Furniture Lifetime Guarantee
These days, other furniture stores are pushing limited warranties, their most profitable product. Here, we back your purchase with a free lifetime guarantee. Our craftsmen are meticulous in every aspect of crafting your fine furniture, from hand-selecting the wood, to designing the joinery, to applying a low-maintenance, durable finish. Therefore, we proudly guarantee the craftsmanship and materials in our wood furniture for the lifetime of the original owner. Should your wood furniture fail at any time during the life of the original owner because of workmanship or a failure of the wood, we will either repair or replace it at our discretion.
POLYWOOD Furniture Lifetime Guarantee
In addition to POLYWOOD's standard 20 year warranty, Vermont Woods Studios backs the product with our own Lifetime Guarantee for residential use. We Are the Only POLYWOOD Retailer Offering This Level of Buyer Protection.
Tips for Keeping Your Furniture for a Lifetime
When moving furniture, be sure to pick it up as any damage caused by sliding it across the floor is not covered by this guarantee.
Beds should be disassembled before moving to avoid damage. Failure to do so would void our lifetime guarantee.
Chairs are guaranteed for 5 years (unless discontinued). Our chairs are designed to support 250 pounds. Routine use of the chairs for weights in excess of this will void our lifetime guarantee.
Furniture with Electronics
Electronics generate heat that, if left unchecked, can dry out and damage wood. Please see specific product pages for limitations.
Filing a Lifetime Guarantee Claim
If you believe your furniture failure is covered under our lifetime guarantee, please contact Vermont Woods Studios to discuss the details and receive a return authorization number to initiate the process. You will need to provide the original bill of sale.
The Fine Print
We offer a lifetime guarantee because we know that proper care will ensure a lifetime of use from your wood furniture. Furniture items that are neglected or not cared for per our guidelines, do not qualify for our lifetime guarantee. Likewise, any damage resulting from misuse, abuse, neglect, alteration, improper moving technique, unauthorized repairs, extreme changes in ambient humidity or temperature, color changes due to exposure to sunlight, natural disasters, acts of God, accident or normal wear & tear are not covered under our guarantee. Furniture that requires professional assembly is excluded from the lifetime guarantee, if the customer collects it from our location and assembles it themselves. VWS shall not be liable for any indirect, consequential or punitive damages.
Floor Models, Etc
Custom, live edge, discontinued and modified pieces, are excluded from the lifetime guarantee. Similarly, the lifetime guarantee does not apply to floor models or clearance items purchased as is. In addition, the lifetime guarantee does not apply to commercial sales, however we do offer a standard one year warranty for furniture in commercial use, subject to the conditions above. We are also unable to offer our lifetime guarantee on furniture shipped outside of the contiguous U.S., due to the logistics of servicing furniture overseas.
Initially you'll be responsible for shipping and handling costs associated with product returns. Upon inspection, VWS will determine if the failure is a result of faulty workmanship or materials. If so, we will reimburse you for all shipping and handling costs and we will repair or replace at our discretion. No matter the situation, Vermont Woods Studios will do its best to assure you are satisfied with your furniture for a lifetime.
A Word About the Natural Characteristics of Wood
Vermont Woods Studios encourages artisans to bring out the genuine inherent beauty of natural wood in every piece of furniture we produce. This means that when other furniture makers are stripping away the characteristic beauty of the wood with chemical processes, we are encouraging artisans to work with natural, distinguishing marks when and where they occur. This makes each piece of our furniture exceptional and unique. Organic markings such as mineral deposits and grain contrasts should not be viewed as flaws, on the contrary, they are true indications of genuine authenticity, much like the nubs in fine fabrics like silk and linen. Read more about the natural characteristics of woods. If you are purchasing cherry wood furniture, be sure to anticipate the occurrence of natural mineral deposits in the cherry wood.
POLYWOOD Guarantee Details
- Proper care will ensure a lifetime of use from your POLYWOOD recycled plastic furniture
- Should POLYWOOD furniture fail at any time during the life of the original owner because of workmanship or a failure of the POLYWOOD recycled plastic materials, we will either repair or replace it at our discretion
- This guarantee does not apply to any damage resulting from misuse, abuse, neglect, alteration, unauthorized repairs, natural disasters, excessive heat, acts of God, accident or normal wear and tear over the years
- This guarantee does not apply to the hardware used to assemble the POLYWOOD furniture or to aluminum frames. See hardware specs and maintenance. Hardware is warranted to not break for 5 years of residential use, 1 year of commercial use
- Cushions and upholstery are warranted to be free from workmanship or material defects for 30-days from purchase. This warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear effects on the cushions and upholstery. Neither does it cover damage due to unauthorized repairs or alterations, negligence, misuse or abuse, improper assembly and acts of God
- Woven inserts are warranted to not crack or rot for 5 years of residential use, 1 year of commercial use
- Sling fabric is warranted from becoming non-functional because of loss of dimensional stability from exposure conditions including sunlight, mildew, rot and abnormal atmospheric conditions for 3 years of residential use, 1 year of commercial use. Abnormal or excessive discoloration and fading is covered. It does not cover discoloration from atmospheric pollution or other debris
- Re: Fading, color change, or color match POLYWOOD HDPE products are made with UV-stabilizers to minimize fading, however upon exposure to the sun all colors will fade to some degree. To minimize possible fading keep product covered, utilize cushions where applicable, minimize direct sunlight by storing product when not in use or use a UV-protectant
- Rust or corrosion of stainless steel hardware please see Care and Maintenance information for details on how to maintain your hardware
- Purchaser must provide original bill of sale and is responsible for all shipping and handling costs associated with the product return. Call or email us for assistance
We offer the standard POLYWOOD one year warranty for furniture in commercial use starting from the date of purchase
Upholstered Furniture Warranty
All upholstered furniture (sofas, chairs, loveseats, upholstered headboard panels, bench seats, etc.) is warranted for a period of one year against defective material or workmanship. Non-standard coverings provided by the consumer (COM) are not covered under the terms of this warranty.