POLYWOOD Outdoor Furniture
Naturally we wanted to look for a real wood product when we decided to start carrying outdoor patio furniture. However, while there are weather resistant species such as cedar, teak, and redwood that make fine outdoor furniture, we still worried about the longevity of the furniture, maintenance, and forest conservation. Conserving the environment is at the core of our mission and is a key factor in our decision making process. While researching high end outdoor furniture we discovered a material known as recycled plastic lumber (RPL). It is both durable and environmentally friendly, so we knew we had found our product.
Using recycled plastic lumber in place of regular wood for outdoor furniture has several important environmental advantages:
- It reduces the amount of plastic in landfills (recycling 1 ton of plastic saves 7.4 cubic yards of landfill space)
- Because POLYWOOD is so durable, it reduces plastic in landfills two fold as this furniture will last for many years longer than furniture made using less durable materials
- It puts less demand on our forests, especially vulnerable tropical rain forests. Learn more about how even our solid wood furniture is made from sustainably harvested woods by visiting our page on forest conservation
- POLYWOOD is an extremely durable all weather material that does not usually require any maintenance other than the occasional cleaning with soap and water, resulting in a reduced demand for harsh cleaning chemicals
- While the manufacture of plastics requires the burning of fossil fuels like oil and natural gas, making plastic lumber from recycled materials requires the consumption of fewer natural resources. POLYWOOD plastic lumber is made from recycled materials, making it an eco-friendly product.
POLYWOOD salt-resistant, all weather outdoor patio furniture is made in America and is beautiful, sturdy and low maintenance. It will stay strong and look like new season after season. In fact, we back it with a lifetime guarantee.
What is So Special About POLYWOOD All Weather Furniture?
POLYWOOD is not to be confused with the typical thin injection molded plastic furniture manufactured offshore that is sold by the big box stores. POLYWOOD is a thick, dense plastic product that replicates high quality tropical lumber in dimension and strength. For instance, a POLYWOOD Adirondack chair would be cut and assembled just like the wood versions with the only difference being the use of RPL, recycled plastic lumber.
This solid recycled plastic POLYWOOD lumber is produced from long-lasting, high-density polyethylene (HDPE):
- No maintenance required other than simply washing with water
- Impervious to harsh weather such as rain, snow, ice, and salt water
- Insect, mold and mildew resistant
- Heavy (an average chair weighs 40 pounds) so it won't blow away in strong ocean breezes
- Resists corrosive substances, oil and fuels, insects, salt water spray, and other environmental stresses
- No toxic preservatives like treated wood lumber
- Available in natural colors, as well as white, black and a wide variety of vibrant, contemporary colors
The raw material for POLYWOOD is primarily composed of recycled plastic bottles, such as milk and detergent bottles and other HDPE post-consumer and industrial wastes. These containers are then cleaned and decontaminated to a high purity level. Lastly, it is compounded into a rigid board stock material which won't absorb moisture, rot, splinter, or crack.
POLYWOOD outdoor patio furniture offers superior weathering resistance without the water proofing, painting, staining, and other maintenance required by solid wood outdoor furniture. This innovative luxury outdoor lawn and garden furniture is recycling at its very best! Need more reasons to buy POLYWOOD furniture from us?
POLYWOOD Buyer Protection
Easy Returns and Exchanges
We're convinced that you will love your POLYWOOD all weather outdoor patio furniture and we feel certain it will surpass your expectations. But just in case... you can relax and purchase worry-free knowing we offer an easy return and exchange policy for all weather POLYWOOD furniture pieces.
- Any POLYWOOD item can be returned, pending inspection, within 30 days of delivery for your choice of a refund, credit or exchange, subject to a 30% restocking fee. Items must be in pristine as-new condition
- Return shipping and costs are the responsibility of the customer, unless of course, we made a mistake and sent the wrong item. In that case please contact us!
- Customers are required to contact us prior to POLYWOOD returns and and we will provide you with a Return Authorization Number RAN and a return shipping label
- Customers are required to include their name, address, phone and Return Authorization Number with POLYWOOD returns
- After your POLYWOOD return is received, inspected, and verified to be in original, re-saleable condition we will credit your charge card for the original sale price minus restocking and return shipping fees
- If you are returning a product that was originally purchased with a gift certificate, you will receive an in-store credit as your refund. If you are returning a product that was given to you as a gift, you'll have the option to receive an in-store credit as your refund or to credit the gift giver's original payment account
All POLYWOOD returns must be in original, re-usable packaging and be received in original, new and pristine re-stockable condition within 30 days of delivery in order to receive a refund. Customers may cancel any POLYWOOD stock order at any time before it ships with a 15% restocking fee. Once an order is placed on a truck we are unable to cancel it. If an order is refused at the time of delivery without a Return Authorization Number RAN, it will be assessed with a 35% restocking fee and return shipping charges. Special custom order items are not returnable and cannot be cancelled.
Lowest Price Guarantee
We want your shopping experience at Vermont Woods Studios to be relaxed, enjoyable and worry-free. With so many POLYWOOD all weather furniture styles and colors to choose from, you'll need to spend your time best envisioning how beautiful your outdoor spaces will be, rather than worrying about paying too much for your furniture. That's why we offer this POLYWOOD Lowest Price Guarantee:
Within 7 days of your purchase, if you find your exact recycled POLYWOOD product online for a lower price, we will happily refund you the difference. Just contact us with this information* within 7 days of your original purchase (Does not include closeout, damaged, floor sale, custom or used items).
*Low price guarantee is contingent on our receipt of a verifiable quote or receipt from another certified POLYWOOD Outdoor Furniture dealer. The comparison applies to authorized retailers in the continental U.S. that have the identical product and the product is priced accurately. Auctions or auction sites are not included. Sales extended by the manufacturer to another retailers' site ONLY are not included. Comparisons must include the product price (including prices for custom finish, materials, upholstery, etc.) plus shipping costs. The comparison must be based on brand new products (no refurbished, remanufactured or copies).
POLYWOOD Outdoor Patio Furniture Lifetime Guarantee
In addition to POLYWOOD's standard 20 year warranty, Vermont Woods Studios backs the product with our own Lifetime Guarantee for residential use. We are the only POLYWOOD retailer offering this Level of buyer protection.
We are meticulous in every aspect of providing your POLYWOOD outdoor furniture and we are proud to stand behind it with a lifetime guarantee on workmanship and materials for all POLYWOOD furniture in residential use. A few details:
- Proper care will ensure a lifetime of use from your POLYWOOD recycled plastic furniture
- Should POLYWOOD furniture fail at any time during the life of the original owner because of workmanship or a failure of the POLYWOOD recycled plastic materials, we will either repair or replace it at our discretion
- This guarantee does not apply to any damage resulting from misuse, abuse, neglect, alteration, unauthorized repairs, natural disasters, acts of God, accident or normal wear and tear over the years
- This guarantee does not apply to the hardware used to assemble the POLYWOOD furniture or to aluminum frames. See hardware specs and maintenance
- This guarantee does not apply to POLYWOOD cushions and upholstery although they are warranted to be free from workmanship or material defects for 30-days from purchase. This warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear effects on the cushions and upholstery. Neither does it cover damage due to unauthorized repairs or alterations, negligence, misuse or abuse, improper assembly and acts of God
- Purchaser must provide original bill of sale and is responsible for all shipping and handling costs associated with the product return. Call or email us for assistance
We offer the standard POLYWOOD one year warranty for furniture in commercial use starting from the date of purchase
POLYWOOD Care & Maintenance
Care for your all weather POLYWOOD recycled plastic outdoor patio furniture is easy! All you need is a sponge or soft bristle brush and gentle soap and warm water. Make it even easier by using a high pressure washer (do not to exceed 1,500 psi). If needed, use a 1/3 bleach and 2/3 water solution to remove stubborn stains without damaging the color.
Hardware Specifications and Maintenance
The hardware used in the assembly and construction of your poly wood furniture is an 18-8 commercial grade stainless steel that has an additional "Xylan" protective and cosmetic coating. Although the hardware is highly resistant of corrosives, salt can corrode the hardware over time if the air is particularly salty, so be sure to wash the hardware too. If necessary, use a soft tooth brush to scrub the corroding areas of the hardware. We recommend the use of touch up paint in the appropriate color to protect poly wood hardware if you see any corrosion beginning to set in. Appliance touch up paint can be purchased at local hardware stores.
Sunbrella fabrics should be cleaned regularly to prevent dirt, pollen and food particles from accumulating. Regular cleaning of your outdoor cushions will eliminate the need for more frequent vigorous cleanings.
Why Buy POLYWOOD Outdoor Patio Furniture From Vermont Woods Studios?
We know you have many options to choose from when it comes to POLYWOOD all-weather outdoor patio furniture, both online and in local showrooms. Our luxury, all weather POLYWOOD line is one of several environmentally friendly, recycled plastic lumber (RPL) outdoor patio furniture lines available. Since many retailers offer similar poly furniture products at similar prices, you may be wondering, why should I buy from Vermont Woods Studios?
We've posted a list of reasons below, but mainly we want you to know that your complete satisfaction has always been the foundation of our business. We are committed to offering you the best values in all weather outdoor lawn and garden furniture you will find anywhere. Please take a moment to review our buyer protection policies for our Lowest Price Guarantee, Free Shipping, Quick Shipping and Easy Returns and Cancellations. We stand behind them unconditionally.
We are the only company that offers a lifetime guarantee on POLYWOOD recycled plastic furniture.
Since 2005, we have focused on building trusting relationships with our customers, suppliers, and shippers. We treat them with respect, integrity and honesty. We offer the finest quality, environmentally friendly, American made, furniture products and back them with a lifetime guarantee. Give us a call with your questions or concerns. We are eager to serve you.
Top 10 Reasons to buy POLYWOOD Recycled Plastic Outdoor Furniture from Vermont Woods Studios
- We are furniture experts. We don't lump furniture in with 10,000 other products like notebooks and sweaters. We specialize in furniture and only offer American made pieces that we can back with a lifetime guarantee. We have a 98% Customer Satisfaction Rating for our furniture
- Our POLYWOOD all weather outdoor furniture is beautiful, strong, durable and Maintenance-FREE
- In addition to our natural wood colors, we offer many vibrant colors and modern styles from which to choose
- Avoid mold, mildew, weathering, cracking & warping issues, as with real wood outdoor furniture
- No need for winter storage. You may leave your POLYWOOD furniture outside all winter
- Great value and quality. These are products you will never have to replace
- We have the best POLYWOOD Buyer Protection Policies
- Honestly priced. We don't mark up to mark down. We always offer the lowest price - guaranteed
- When you call us, you'll talk to a real person who is an expert on all of our furniture
- Free shipping in the continental USA.
- Oh... and here's a bonus reason: Buy POLYWOODtax free
Featured POLYWOOD Blog Posts
Adirondack Chairs, Essential Vacation Equiptment
Whether were doing a micro-vacation after work in the back yard or heading to Lake Champlain for the weekend, the Adirondack Chair is considered essential equipment in Vermont.Continue reading
Outdoor Rocking Chairs: A customer Review
We love getting customer comments, feedback and suggestions about our American made furniture, especially when the reviews come with photos attached. Today were sending our thanks out to Katie B who recently received her Polywood© Presidential Outdoor Rocking Chairs:Continue reading
Outdoor Dining Furniture: Our New Bayline Collection
Elegance, cool sophistication, and a fresh simple look are just a few ways to describe the new Bayline Collection from POLYWOOD. Pair with our Euro style table, and youve got the perfect outdoor dining furniture setup for your porch, patio, or other outdoor space.Continue reading
All Weather Adirondack Chairs: American Made & Guaranteed High Quality
When we sat down on our Classic Adirondack chairs chairs today they looked and felt like new. Thats because theyre made using an innovative new technology that takes recycled plastic drink containers and transforms them into plastic lumber thats more durable than real wood.Continue reading