Maple Corner Woodworks
We proudly offer the entire catalog of handcrafted Maple Corner Woodworks fine furniture online and in our showroom. Our friend, Robin Chase started Maple Corner Woodworks MCW in 1982. He built a woodworking studio adjacent to his home in Calais, Vermont. It's quite a bit larger now but Robin still adheres to the highest standards for quality, consistency and design.
Over the years Maple Corner Woodworks has grown and their craftspeople have continually improved upon their designs and techniques. Give us a call or stop by our store to learn more about the fine, handmade furniture from Maple Corner Woodworks. We are happy to work with you to customize Robin's designs so they fit perfectly into your space and style. We know how meaningful each handcrafted piece will be to your family. We back Robin's quality with a lifetime guarantee and we deliver with a white glove service to make sure everything arrives to your home in perfect order.
Uncommon Craftsmanship & Exceptional Quality
Robin's team of dedicated furniture makers craft some of the finest cherry, maple and walnut furniture available anywhere in the world. The linseed oil finish they apply by hand is a non-toxic, zero VOC Danish oil based on the carriage oils of the 1800's. Dining tables have a water based conversion varnish on the top. The apron and legs are finished with hand-rubbed satin polyurethane. High wear surfaces like table tops and dresser tops are augmented with a polyurethane oil that cures completely before leaving the shop. Each piece of MCW furniture is meticulously and critically examined from the action of a drawer or door to the satin-like feel of a table top. The product has a seamless and elegant feel and appearance. The craftspeople's dedication to consistency allows customers to collect pieces over the years, knowing they will nestle together as if made at the same time. Robin and his team take pleasure and satisfaction in every piece that leaves their shop.
Starting with the highest quality hardwood, from western Pennsylvania's cherry forests to the maple hardwood groves of Vermont, the artisans at Maple Corner Woodworks match color and wood grain in each piece. The cherry MCW uses is exclusively heartwood. It has a salmon color which achieves a deep rich patina over time. Their hard maple is always the figured golden color sapwood. With walnut they select and match the deeply rich chocolate color heartwood. You won't find steamed walnut at Maple Corner! All of these hardwoods are sustainably harvested from well managed North American forests.
Customization is easy with Maple Corner furniture. You can use our drop down menus to select different woods and sizes for each table, bed or chest. Give us a call if you don't see just what you're looking for. We frequently modify MCW designs to make tables longer, shorter, taller, wider, etc. We also add drawers and shelves to create additional storage. Because your furniture will be made to order, we can easily modify it to meet your needs. Complete customization is also available if you're looking for unique furniture. Robin & his artisans love to get creative. All you've got to do is ask.
If you've been collecting Maple Corner Woodworks since Robin Chase started the company in 1982, you know his styles as:
- Canterbury (American Shaker)
- Harvestmoon (Cherry Moon)
- Traditional Shaker (Vermont Shaker)
- Gamble (Gamble)
- Horizon (Horizon)
In parentheses you'll see the names we use for those collections in our Vermont Woods Studios store. Some of the names are a little different but the furniture is the same, genuine handcrafted article.
Why Purchase Maple Corner Woodworks Furniture Here?
- We are partners, friends and neighbors, working closely with Maple Corner Woodworks on a daily basis
- No other retailer can offer you greater knowledge of MCW products and processes
- We offer a lifetime guarantee on all MCW furniture
- We offer free, white-glove shipping on orders over $3,000
- You can easily customize MCW furniture online, in the showroom or by giving us a call
- We have excellent customer testimonials both here on our site and on third-party review sites like Yelp, Sitejabber, Facebook and Google+
- As wood furniture makers, we're passionate about forest conservation. Your MCW furniture will be made from sustainably sourced local hardwoods and we'll plant trees in the Amazon rainforest to thank you for your order. So far we've planted almost 50,000 trees to restore rainforests where our competitors still choose to remove wood illegally. Your purchase also helps replenish the forest where monarch butterflies overwinter in Mexico
- Our customers are helping to save forest-dwelling species from extinction. Now how many other furniture companies can say that?