Vermont Shaker Bed
Vermont Shaker Bed
White Glove Delivery
White Glove delivery service is provided as standard, and offered for free on larger orders.See more details
We guarantee your furniture for life. Chairs guaranteed for 5 years. We've got you covered!See more details
Purchase samples of our Cherry, Maple, Walnut or Oak woods.See Samples
Our solid hard wood Vermont Shaker Platform Bed features elegant clean lines, tapered legs, a curved headboard and a wonderful traditional blanket rail at the footboard. Handmade by Vermont furniture makers with expert craftsmanship. Top quality and made to last for generations, it's so comfortable and sturdy, you won't need a box spring! Beds ordered with optional underbed storage units will include a vanity footboard that extends down almost to the floor to conceal the storage units.
Base price represents twin size platform bed in natural cherry
Shown in queen size platform bed in natural cherry
Matching furniture available in our Vermont Shaker Furniture Collection
|Size||Platform||Mattress & Box Spring|
|Twin||42.5"W x 78.5"L x 43"H||42.5"W x 78.5"L x 43"H|
|Full||57.5"W x 78.5"L x 43"H||57.5"W x 78.5"L x 43"H|
|Queen||63.5"W x 83.5"L x 43"H||63.5"W x 83.5"L x 43"H|
|King||79.5"W x 83.5"L x 43"H||79.5"W x 83.5"L x 43"H|
|Cal King||75.5"W x 87.5"L x 43"H||75.5"W x 87.5"L x 43"H|
|Distance from floor to||Platform||Mattress & Box Spring|
|Top of headboard (at center)||43"||46"|
|Top of headboard (at ends)||39"||42"|
|Top of headboard (at posts)||40"||43"|
|Top of footboard||33"||35"|
|Top of slats||15"||11.5"|
|Bottom of headboard||24"||24"|
|Bottom of footboard||12.5"||9"|
|Bottom of siderail||12.5"||9"|
|Distance from top of slats to||Platform||Mattress & Box Spring|
|Top of siderails||3.5"||3.5"|
|Bottom of headboard||8"||15.5"|
- Posts are 2" square
- Width of Siderails: 6"
- Dimensions for all bed sizes can be customized for your mattress. Please contact us for details.
- Handcrafted in Vermont, USA, using real solid hardwoods
- Available in natural cherry, natural maple and natural walnut wood
- Cherry and Walnut beds are finished with hand rubbed raw linseed oil
- Maple beds are finished with a Poly gel, as the maple grain is more dense and does not absorb linseed oil as well as the other woods. Little to no VOCs upon delivery.
- Platform style beds use eight 1" thick solid poplar slats secured to the side rails with peg and hole joinery. Each slat measures roughly 7.5" wide with holes drilled at either end of the slat. The slats slip over pegs distributed evenly along the side rail, creating a solid interlocked platform. On King and Queen size beds, slats are spaced 2.25" apart - on Full and Twin size beds this spacing is 1.75".
- Mattress and Box Spring style beds use a set of 4 hardwood slats to support the box spring and mattress combination.
- Center Bed Slat Support for King and Queen Size Beds: A hardwood beam that drops into pre-attached hardware in the center of the head and footboards; located just below the slats to provide additional support. The space below the slats remains open for under bed storage.
- Side rails are connected to the headboard and footboard using a steel quick latch
- We use mortise and tenon joinery in the headboard and footboard
- Built to order
- Beds ship disassembled.
- Read our complete Furniture Care Instructions
Your mattress will sit 16" off the floor. Add the thickness of your mattress to 16" to determine the height at which the top of your mattress will sit.
Mattress & Box Spring:
Your mattress will sit 12.5" off the floor. Add the combined thickness of your mattress and box springs to 12.5" to determine the height at which the top of your mattress will sit.
|Size||Standard Mattress Size||Interior Box Dimensions|
|Twin||39"W x 75"L||40"W x 76"L|
|Twin XL||39"W x 80"L||40"W x 81"L|
|Full||54"W x 75"L||55"W x 76"L|
|Queen||60"W x 80"L||61"W x 81"L|
|King||76"W x 80"L||77"W x 81"L|
|Cal King||72"W x 84"L||73"W x 85"L|
* Please note there can be some variation depending on the bed style
*Standard mattress sizes may also vary
“Exactly what I wanted”
"My desk and filing cabinet were delivered yesterday. I must say it was well worth the wait! Both pieces are beautiful and the custom filing cabinet turned out perfectly, much better than I imagined! Thank you so much for all of your help with my order. You can consider me a very satisfied and very happy customer!"
Years in Business