You've found Vermont's largest selection of solid wood bedroom sets including Shaker, mission, craftsman, modern, contemporary, bow front, arts & crafts, traditional and mid-century modern (MCM). These top-quality wood bedroom sets are hand made to order in Vermont and delivered to your home, direct from your craftsman.
You've also found our very best (even better than Black Friday) discount on these elegant, top quality hardwood bedroom sets, handcrafted of real solid wood (cherry, walnut, maple or oak). Buying your bed together with coordinating nights stands plus a dresser or chest gives you extraordinary value. You'll also receive free shipping and a lifetime guarantee.
Ample Solid Wood Bedroom Set Styles
Shop Vermont's largest selection of wood bedroom set styles including Shaker, mission, craftsman, modern, contemporary, bow front, arts & crafts, traditional and mid-century modern (MCM). These luxurious, high-end wood bedroom sets are hand made to order in Vermont and delivered free to your home with our premium white glove service. First choose your favorite solid wood bed and then add matching night stands, dresser, chest, mirror, armoire or a blanket chest. Our American made solid wood bedroom sets are something you'll be handing down to your children and grandchildren.
How to Choose a Finish For Your Wood Bedroom Set
For over two centuries Vermont has been building a reputation for producing the world's finest, heirloom quality, natural cherry wood bedroom sets. Most customers come to us after a lengthy search for the real genuine article- pure, unadulterated cherry wood. But we understand that you may need to match the color of your bedroom set with existing furniture. Or you may want to achieve a certain style or design that requires a dark stain or a whitewash. So here you'll find many choices for wood stains and you may even send us your own stain. Here are a few tips about the natural woods we offer for our bedroom sets and the stains we typically apply:
- Real, natural cherry bedroom sets have a rich reddish tone that darkens naturally with age and sunlight. Most of the photos on our website show this natural cherry wood. The stains we offer on cherry wood include autumn cherry, mahogany cherry, cognac cherry, saddle cherry, smoke cherry, walnut, ebony and country russet.
- Natural maple beds have a light, creamy color. Go even lighter with an ivory finish on maple. Go darker with the driftwood stain on maple which creates a slate color. Espresso and ebony stains can also be applied to maple wood for ever darker colors.
- Walnut is our darkest wood. It's a beautiful, rich chocolatey brown. If you're investing in a walnut bedroom set, we don't typically recommend a stain. That's because walnut is becoming rather rare and it's priced higher than cherry, maple and oak. No sense paying extra for a rare wood grain if you're going to cover it up with a stain.
- Natural oak bedroom sets have a strong grain pattern and a medium color tone. We offer a light whitewashed ivory tone on oak beds as well as a slate colored driftwood, and the ever-popular medium, autumn and classic oak stains.
- Natural ash beds look a lot like oak, with strong grain patterns and a slightly lighter tone. Copeland offers ash wood in their Contour bedroom set. You can order it with a light soaped ash stain, weathered ash, (a medium color stain), taupe ash (slightly darker), sand ash or the almost black seared ash.
Check the "Option Details" tab on any product page to see which stains are available for your solid wood bedroom set.
Finishing Your Wood Bedroom Set with Oil
To oil or not to oil... that is the question. Try using filters to see which wood bedroom sets are finished with oil versus lacquer. Which do you prefer? Many of our cherry furniture lovers are in love with the oil finish as it penetrates the wood and develops a deep, rich color that cannot be obtained with other finishes. Oil really brings out the depth of color and beauty of the grain that natural hardwoods are famous for. Over time, an oil finish will develop a rich, lustrous patina that’s beautiful to look at and super-smooth to touch. The downside to an oil finish is that it has to be maintained. You'll need to replenish the oil occasionally, maybe once a year or so depending on the temperature and humidity of where you live. If you're not crazy about re-applying oil, no fear. A lacquer finish is maintenance free, and also very beautiful. Learn more about our fine furniture finishes and how to care for your wood bedroom set.
Your Eco Friendly, Sustainable Wood Bedroom Set
Thank you for choosing furniture that's made with environmental preservation in mind. Forest conservation is at the very heart of our mission and we are careful to ensure only responsibly harvested, North American lumber is used in the making of your wood bedroom set. We hope you rest better knowing that both your furniture and the forest from whence it came will be around for future generations to enjoy.