In this #VWSGreenTeam profile, we're introducing Kelli Dobosz. Kelli joined us recently to help lead our customer service and sales teams. She has two daughters, two dogs, and comes to us having spent the last several years managing a team of medical professionals (so you know she's detail oriented!). She's also a former member of the U.S. Navy and has a long family history of military service.
Q&A with Kelli Dobosz
When did you start at Vermont Woods Studios and what brought you here?
I started here on August 29th, 2019. What brought me to this company was its mission-driven approach and beautiful, high-quality, Vermont made furniture. I love Vermont and the good ol’ fashioned Yankee fundamental work ethic and way of life. Vermont Woods Studios epitomizes that. Not only does VWS offer sustainably sourced wood furniture but it's offered by craftspeople that are right here in Vermont. Neighbors helping neighbors...I love that!
What does a typical work day look like for you?
I meet with our GM Dennis and Shipping/Logistic Manager Greg. We go over any Operations Department topics and prioritize for the day. I then catch up with Dennis one on one. A lot of emails and phone calls. I work directly with Michelle in purchasing and with the sales team.
What’s your favorite part about working at Vermont Woods Studios?
The staff...and the dogs! Haha! But seriously...everyone is so great!
Pizza or Ice Cream?
What’s your favorite Vermont brand (other than Vermont Woods Studios)?
View this post on Instagram
Cabot Cheese (yum)
Describe your typical commute to work.
A nice leisurely early morning drive up Route 5 through Bernardston...short 20 min drive from home. I see a lot of different wildlife on my way in and I love it.
You’re furnishing your dream house. What’s in it?
A lot of quilts and big comfy cushions and pillows. I love English cottage, country and Shaker style. So a bit of a mishmash of things.
You’re dumping your old dining set. What’s next? Why?
Our Reclaimed Barnwood Farm Table with a reclaimed chestnut top and walnut base.
I love the look of reclaimed wood. There's a story to it. I love our Reclaimed Barnwood Farm Table. Not to mention my grandmothers vintage chinaware would look fabulous on it.
Pick one bed to sleep on for the rest of your life.
Our Andover Modern Incline Sleigh Bed by Maple Corner Woodworks. Shown here in natural cherry wood and a raw linseed oil finish.
I would go with the Andover Modern Incline Sleigh Bed.
What else should we know about you?
- When I’m not at work I’m kept busy with my family and our two dogs Ellie and Seamus.
- My oldest daughter is a sophomore in college majoring in business management and my youngest daughter is in 8th grade and plays on the basketball team and for the high school JV volleyball team along with AAU basketball off season. Between my spouse’s schedule as a Park and Recreation Director and my daughters, we’re kept on our toes.
- I am a Military Veteran and come from a long line of proud Veterans. I served in the U.S. Navy. My Grandfather served in the U.S. Army in WWI. My father retired from the Marine Corps. My brother retired from the Air Force. My sister in law retired from the Air National Guard and my cousin served in the Marine Corps. My niece has now just started her 11th year serving full time active duty with the Air National Guard.
- I love British Period Dramas and British television and long for a cottage in the Cotswolds…hehe :)
What are you jamming out to?
I am totally weird with my playlists. I love Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald and The Great American SongBook genre but am holding true with my 80’s/90’s roots with The English Beat, General Public, The Cure, Psychedelic Furs, The Go-Go’s, etc...
What’s one book you’d recommend everyone should read?
The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
What are you watching on Netflix?
What’s your all-time favorite quote to live by?
I've got two!
- "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
- "You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ~Mae West
Who’s your favorite superhero?
I have two...my daughters. They amaze me everyday with what they achieve and have achieved and what they strive for. They have huge hearts and are bold and not afraid of taking chances and trying new things. They also have amazing senses of humor and i'm totally jealous of their quick wit! Simply put...they inspire me.
If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?
I'd be a Willow tree!
What’s your spirit animal?
If you could have lunch with anyone, who would it be?
My mother...I miss her.
It’s a hot summer Saturday in Vermont. Where are you, and what are you doing?
Sitting in a nice cool body of water in the middle of nowhere