Shaker Style Furniture
Looking for genuine, high-end handmade Shaker style furniture? Our store offers six beautifully handcrafted Shaker collections from Vermont's fine furniture makers. Solid cherry wood is our most popular choice for Shaker furniture, however we also specialize in natural maple, oak, and walnut wood construction.
Shop By Room
Shaker Style Collections
Each of our solid hardwood Shaker furniture pieces is made in Vermont, from sustainably-harvested trees. Your family will take pride in the high quality craftsmanship and superior design features that only American made furniture has to offer.
What Is Shaker Style?
Shaker style is known for being practical and simple down to the very last detail. Originally made by followers of a religious group, shaker furniture was designed entirely for its functionality and practicality. Fast forward a few hundred years and Shaker style furniture has become increasingly popular for both traditional and modern homes. Perhaps it's the cluttered and busy nature of our daily routines that urge us to seek simplicity in our home decor.
But simplicity doesn’t mean a lack of style… it's quite the opposite. Simplicity IS style, and Shaker furniture does it right. Vermont made Shaker furniture is made using the traditional techniques of the past, creating simple, sophisticated pieces that are timeless and won’t “go out of style” in the future. Our craftspeople have several variations on original Shaker style as shown in these beautiful, handmade furniture collections:
Our Shaker Furniture Styles
The Luxury of Vermont Craftsmanship
Woodworkers in Vermont have inherited a 200+ year old tradition of fine furniture making. Master craftsmen began settling into the Green Mountain State in the 17th century and today our state still attracts some of the world's most prominent luxury, custom furniture makers. They are renowned for fine craftsmanship and the high quality of their work. Vermont's Shaker furniture companies range in size from a single craftsman to large companies that employ over 75 craftspeople each. Some small, boutique Shaker furniture shops craft ultra luxury custom furniture - each piece is unique, made in a small studio, by a single artisan.Larger companies produce more affordable Shaker furniture using classic designs that can be modified and customized for your needs. Vermont Woods Studios has partnered with a carefully selected group of Vermont furniture makers including Maple Corner Woodworks, Lyndon Furniture, Copeland Furniture, Vermont Furniture Designs plus a few specialized custom artisan studios. Together we bring you the top quality Shaker furniture offered below. It is the fine details that set this furniture apart and make it an heirloom your family will treasure for many years.
What's Different About Our Furniture Store?
- All our furniture and home decor is handcrafted in Vermont, supporting the American economy and sustainable business practices
- We strive to offer you the best value on the highest quality wood furniture you'll find in our price range
- We have excellent customer testimonials both here on our site and on third-party review sites like Yelp, Sitejabber, Facebook and Google+
- We offer a lifetime guarantee on all our furniture, plus free white-glove shipping on orders over $3,000
- You can easily customize your furniture online or by giving us a call
- As wood furniture makers, we're passionate about forest conservation. Your home office furniture will be made from sustainably sourced local hardwoods and we'll plant trees in the Amazon rainforest to thank you for your order. So far we've planted almost 50,000 trees to restore rainforests where our competitors still choose to remove wood illegally. Your purchase also helps replenish the forest where monarch butterflies overwinter in Mexico
- Our customers are helping to save forest-dwelling species from extinction. Now how many other furniture companies can say that?