Home Office Furniture
Expertly Crafted, Built to Last
Be more productive in an organized home office workspace designed especially to meet your needs. Our exceptional wooden office furniture is handcrafted in Vermont and built to last forever. Choose from a wide variety of writing desks, executive desks, bookcases, computer desks, bookshelves, conference tables, vertical & horizontal file cabinets and credenzas. Each piece is made to order, just for you. Shop online or give us a call if you don't find just what you need. We are a small, family owned company always delighted to help you -- our sales and design consultants are sitting at beautifully crafted desks, ready for your call.
Bookcases & Bookshelves
Sustainably Harvested Hardwoods
We care about where our wood comes from and how it's harvested. Our craftspeople are expert woodworkers with high standards in selecting local and regional prized hardwoods like cherry, maple, oak and walnut. These woods are grown sustainably here in Vermont and in neighboring states. They're valued for fine furniture making, by virtue of their exquisite color, strength, hardness, grain patterns and workability. Although most customers prefer these woods with a clear, natural finish we do offer a wide selection of stains to complement your office decor. If you're looking for a darker or lighter color, just use our drop down menus to select from light ivory whitewashes, medium ambers, dark ebony and espresso stains. Each writing desk, executive desk, bookcase and filing cabinet provides the sample color swatches available for that product. Click on the "Order Samples" tab to purchase swatches.
White Glove Shipping
We ship furniture all across the USA and beyond. After your furniture is built, we'll package it carefully and ship it directly from the workshop to your home office. Large orders (>$3000) travel via our fine furniture delivery specialists. They will unpackage your furniture, bring it into your home, set it up and help you inspect to make sure everything is in pristine condition. That's our free white glove delivery service and you deserve nothing less. For smaller orders, like a writing desk, we may expedite shipping by using FedEx or a similar carrier.
Styles, Form and Function
Our solid hardwood desks, bookshelves and file cabinets are all made to order in Vermont and can be customized affordably. Check out our many styles, forms and functions:
- Arts & Crafts
- Mid century modern
- Large executive desks
- Library desks
- Writing desks
- Campaign desks
- Small executive desks
- Small 1 & 2 drawer lateral and vertical filing cabinets
- Large 3 & 4 drawer lateral and vertical filing cabinets
- Large office credenzas
- Copeland office storage cabinets & files
Shop the home office furniture below and take your time to customize your selections online. Most desks, bookshelves and file cabinets offer several choices for wood type and stain. Hardware options are varied but if you have special hardware you'd like installed, send it to us and we'll attach it for free. We understand that handmade solid wood furniture is a significant investment and we want your office to be just exactly what you've been hoping for.
Hubbardton Forge Lighting
Exceptional quality, handcrafted office furniture deserves to be accentuated with genuine Vermont made floor lamps, sconces, chandeliers or table lamps. We are proud to feature offer Hubbardton Forge, an iconic Vermont brand to add polish and impeccable style to your home office.
The Craftspeople Who Build Your Home Office Furniture
Vermont has been known for fine craftsmanship and high quality wood furniture for over 200 years. This legacy and the abundance of hardwoods in our Green Mountain Forest has led to a bounty of Vermont furniture companies ranging in size from a single craftsman to a couple dozen, to larger companies that employ 50-100 craftspeople each. The variety of workshops and studios tucked into Vermont's working landscape is what distinguishes our state from America's other furniture producing regions. Vermont Woods Studios has partnered with a carefully selected group of Vermont furniture makers including Maple Corner Woodworks, Lyndon Furniture, Copeland Furniture, Vermont Furniture Designs plus a few specialized custom artisan studios. Together we bring you the top quality desks, bookcases, file cabinets and bookshelves offered below.
Is Your Furniture Sustainable?
Your furniture will be made in Vermont from sustainably harvested North American hardwoods. Stains and finishes are low VOC or no VOC. Our furniture makers strive to operate their workshops with maximum energy efficiency. Craftspeople are paid a fair wage. You are purchasing from a company that was born out of a passion for forest and wildlife conservation. While almost every furniture company has "gone green" over the past 10 years, Vermont Woods Studios was conceived and built on a foundation of environmental stewardship.
What's Different About This Furniture Store?
- All our furniture and home decor is handcrafted in Vermont, supporting the American economy and sustainable business practices
- We strive to offer you the best value on the highest quality wood furniture you'll find in our price range
- We have excellent customer testimonials both here on our site and on third-party review sites like Yelp, Sitejabber, Facebook and Google+
- We offer a lifetime guarantee on all our furniture, plus free white-glove shipping on orders over $3,000
- You can easily customize your furniture online or by giving us a call
- As wood furniture makers, we're passionate about forest conservation. Your home office furniture will be made from sustainably sourced local hardwoods and we'll plant trees in the Amazon rainforest to thank you for your order. So far we've planted almost 50,000 trees to restore rainforests where our competitors still choose to remove wood illegally. Your purchase also helps replenish the forest where monarch butterflies overwinter in Mexico
- Our customers are helping to save forest-dwelling species from extinction. Now how many other furniture companies can say that?