Shaker Lacquer Finish Cherry Wood Bedroom Sets
Our solid wood bedroom sets are handcrafted in Vermont workshops with premium American hardwoods like cherry, maple, and walnut. Get better sleep and wake up every day knowing your bedroom furniture was made in America- the right way. This quality wood bedroom furniture is built using sustainably harvested wood and guaranteed for life. Save up to 25% and get free shipping on all bedroom sets!
American Country #2 Bedroom Set
by Lyndon Furniture
Ships in 10-16 weeks$8,896.00 Sale: $6,672.00 (25% off)
American Country #1 Bedroom Set
by Lyndon Furniture
Ships in 10-16 weeks$10,204.00 Sale: $7,653.00 (25% off)
Renfrew Shaker Bedroom Set
by Lyndon Furniture
Ships in 10-16 weeks$13,206.00 Sale: $9,904.00 (25% off)
You've found Vermont's largest selection of solid wood bedroom sets including Shaker, mission, craftsman, modern, contemporary, bow front, arts & crafts, traditional and mid-century modern (MCM). These top quality bedroom sets are hand made to order in Vermont and delivered to your home, direct from your craftsman.
You've also found our very best (even better than Black Friday) discount on these elegant, top quality hardwood bedroom sets, handcrafted of real solid wood (cherry, walnut, maple or oak). Buying your bed together with coordinating nights stands plus a dresser or chest gives you extraordinary value. You'll also receive free shipping and a lifetime guarantee.
What's Your Style?
Shop Vermont's largest selection of styles including Shaker, mission, craftsman, modern, contemporary, bow front, arts & crafts, traditional and mid-century modern (MCM). These luxurious, high-end wood bedroom sets are hand made to order in Vermont and delivered free to your home with our premium white glove service. First choose your favorite solid wood bed and then add matching night stands, dresser, chest, mirror, armoire or a blanket chest. Enjoy authentic real solid wood furniture and American made quality at the best price. This luxury bedroom furniture is something you'll be handing down to your children and grandchildren.
The Joys of Real Solid Wood Bedroom Furniture
Your bedroom set will be handcrafted in Vermont and made to order to your exact specifications. You'll be sleeping on beautiful solid hardwoods, sustainably harvested from local and regional forests. Use the drop-down menus to select from cherry, walnut, maple and oak woods. Customize your wood bedroom set online or give us a call. Here are swatches of the North American hardwoods you may choose from:
Stained or Natural Cherry Bedroom Furniture?
For over two centuries Vermont has been building a reputation for producing the world's finest, heirloom quality, natural cherry bedroom furniture. Most customers come to us after a lengthy search for the real genuine article- pure, unadulterated cherry wood. But we understand that you may need to match the color of your bedroom set with existing furniture. Or you may want to achieve a certain style or design that requires a dark stain or a whitewash. So here you'll find many choices for wood stains and you may even send us your own stain. Here are a few tips about the natural woods we offer and the stains we typically apply:
- Real, natural cherry bedroom furniture has a rich reddish tone that darkens naturally with age and sunlight. Most of the photos on our website show this natural cherry wood. The stains we offer on cherry wood include autumn cherry, mahogany cherry, cognac cherry, saddle cherry, smoke cherry, walnut, ebony and country russet.
- Natural maple beds have a light, creamy color. Go even lighter with an ivory finish on maple. Go darker with the driftwood stain on maple which creates a slate color. Espresso and ebony stains can also be applied to maple wood for ever darker colors.
- Walnut is our darkest wood. It's a beautiful, rich chocolatey brown. If you're investing in a walnut bedroom set, we don't typically recommend a stain. That's because walnut is becoming rather rare and it's priced higher than cherry, maple and oak. No sense paying extra for a rare wood grain if you're going to cover it up with a stain.
- Natural oak bedroom sets have a strong grain pattern and a medium color tone. We offer a light whitewashed ivory tone on oak beds as well as a slate colored driftwood, and the ever-popular medium, autumn and classic oak stains.
- Natural ash beds look a lot like oak, with strong grain patterns and a slightly lighter tone. Copeland offers ash wood in their Contour bedroom set. You can order it with a light soaped ash stain, weathered ash, (a medium color stain), taupe ash (slightly darker), sand ash or the almost black seared ash.
Check the "Option Details" tab on any product page to see which stains are available for your solid wood bedroom set.
Customize Online, By Phone or In Our Showroom
Shop our solid hardwood bedroom sets and take your time to customize your selection online. Pick your bed first, then select from 3 different nightstands and several choices for large or small chests and dressers. Add a mirror to complete the set! We will build everything to order so if you don't find the combination of exactly what you want, give us a call. We'll help you furnish the bedroom of your dreams.
A Smooth Finish
To oil or not to oil... that is the question. Try using filters to see which bedroom sets are finished with oil versus lacquer. Which do you prefer? Many of our cherry furniture lovers are in love with the oil finish as it penetrates the wood and develops a deep, rich color that cannot be obtained with other finishes. Oil really brings out the depth of color and beauty of the grain that natural hardwoods are famous for. Over time, an oil finish will develop a rich, lustrous patina that’s beautiful to look at and super-smooth to touch. The downside to an oil finish is that it has to be maintained. You'll need to replenish the oil occasionally, maybe once a year or so depending on the temperature and humidity of where you live. If you're not crazy about re-applying oil, no fear. A lacquer finish is maintenance free, and also very beautiful. Learn more about our fine furniture finishes and how to care for your wood bedroom set.
Your Eco Friendly, Sustainable Bedroom Set
Thank you for choosing furniture that's made with environmental preservation in mind. Forest conservation is at the very heart of our mission and we are careful to ensure only responsibly harvested, North American lumber is used in the making of your furniture. We hope you rest better knowing that both your bedroom set and the forest from whence it came will be around for future generations to enjoy.
Tips & Advice on How To Refresh Your Bedroom Decor
With enduring handmade furniture as the backdrop for your bedroom design, you'll have fun using fabrics, accessories and artwork to change up your style when you need a lift. Here are a few ideas from the pros:
- With a timeless wooden bedroom set as the backdrop, it's easy to invigorate your decor whenever you like. Add some fresh flowers to your night table, use a colorful vase, change you sheets and voila! Let the classic beauty and enduring quality of your furniture carry the overall design while these simple tips add just the right touch of vibrancy to your sanctuary. Change it up each season or each week, but most importantly-- whenever you need a lift.
- Stressed out? Feeling the winter blues? House Beautiful serves up 50+ Colorful Bedrooms That Will Make You Wake Up Happier. Boost your mood into the happy zone by following their advice on using lots of light and color in your bedroom. Whether your favorite color is blue, pink, green, orange, red, yellow, purple, violet or a combination of 2 or more colors-- you will find a bedroom to inspire you. Top interior designers including Anne Maxwell Foster and Suysel dePedro Cunningham are featured with photos of their work along with information on how to purchase their chosen fabrics and accessories.
- For a professional makeover of your master bedroom suite, take a look at Emily Henderson's Master Bedroom Refresh Plan. Send Emily photos of your "before" bedroom and she'll toss you ideas for the makeover you've been afraid to start on your own. This article shows several makeovers where Emily suggested new artwork over the bed, new night stands and lamps, new Roman shades and curtains, and antique rugs. She'll work within your budget to achieve the sophisticated look you've been longing for.