Tip Over Causes and PreventionChildren climbing on furniture is the main cause of tip over accidents. Many people believe they don't need to anchor their furniture to the wall because they're always watching their kids. The truth is - an accident can happen fast, even when you're in the same room as your child. Experts offer these tips and advice for preventing injury:
- Purchase furniture with wide legs and solid bases
- Secure furniture like shelves, desks, and dressers to a wall
- Place heavy items close to the floor to enhance stability
- Avoid putting attractive items, such as toys or the remote, on top of furniture
- Wall mount flat screen TVs whenever possible
- Tuck cords away so kids can't pull on or trip over them
Watch the CPSC's Anchor it video for installation tips and get your new furniture secured immediately upon placement in your home.
How to Install Anti-Tip Over Restraints
At Vermont Woods Studios (and most furniture stores), tip over restraints are provided with each piece of furniture deemed a tip-over hazard, per industry standards. We ask customers to please watch the CPSC's Anchor it video for installation tips and get your new furniture secured immediately upon placement in your home.
We're Here to Help
We provide customers who order tall furniture with anti-tipover hardware. If you need assistance or advice when installing these restraints, contact us and we'll be glad to help.