Last updated on March 31st, 2017 at 01:22 pm
Not Your Typical Furniture Store
We like to think that the experience you’ll have at Vermont Woods Studios is unlike that of any furniture store you’ll shop at. There are some obvious ways we’re different, of course. For one, we’re located at an old ski-resort and farmhouse in the foothills of the Green Mountains. And being in an old farmhouse comes with its quirks–one of which is space. With the average furniture store spanning 20,000 square feet, according to a Furniture Today article (2010), our showroom space is approximately 1,500-2,000 square feet.
How does that affect your visit? I’ll explain.
If you’ve visited our website, you probably have seen how extensive our furniture collection is. With our showroom’s cozy size, that means we can’t house everything you see online, in-store. We do however stock bedroom, dining, home office, and living room furniture from each of our craftspeople’s workshops. This allows you to see important details of the craftsmen’s work, such as joinery techniques, drawer configurations, bed heights and extension table mechanisms you can’t experience online. You’re also able to see the beauty of natural wood furniture in person.
Shopping in our showroom also comes with some perks. We often have on-going, in-store only sales on home decor and artisan pieces. We also carry local artisan kitchenware that you can’t find online. In addition to seeing the beauty of our wood furniture, you’ll also see the care, quality and beauty behind Simon Pearce glassware, Hubbardton Forge Lighting and Anichini Luxury Linens.
But, before you even get inside, your experience will already be different. You’ll be stepping out of your car onto 109+ acres of forest and meadow. If you’re lucky you may even see some of our regular furry friends, like deer, wild rabbits, turkeys and foxes. If you have time and the weather permits it, take a step onto our back porch for breathtaking views of our lush forest.
If you have even more time, bring a snack or lunch and enjoy the views, fresh air and sounds of the forests from our back porch. Don’t be afraid to ask for something either! We’re more than happy to make a cup of coffee or tea after your travels here.
And, most importantly when you visit us, you’ll be greeted by our friendly sales team. Each with their own unique approach and experience with wood furniture and the state of Vermont. You’ll get a personalized experienced by people who eat, breathe and sleep wood furniture. That’s not to say we don’t have fun, too! We’re filled with a plethora of knowledge about the local area and the state, places to eat and places to explore…just ask us!
We hope to see you soon!
Added tips & tricks:
- Ask questions. If we don’t have the answer right away, we’ll get it from one of our craftsmen or artisans.
- Bringing kids? We’re about 20 minutes away from restaurants and rest stops, so snacks and bathroom breaks for kiddos are always a good idea.
- We’re dog friendly-just make sure they’re human friendly!
- Feel free to bring measuring tapes, fabric swatches, design ideas and more. You’re looking into buying lifetime quality furniture for yourself, so we want to make sure you’re as happy as possible with it including the planning process!
- And lastly, don’t be afraid to let us know if you’ve been looking elsewhere. We’re happy to hear about your other experiences and we’re always eager to learn what you’ve been looking for.
Already following our Blog? For more info sign up for our e-newsletter