Outdoor Patio Furniture Should Be Enjoyed Year After Year
When customers asked us to start carrying outdoor furniture, naturally, we searched for a real wood product. However, while there are weather resistant species such as cedar, teak, eucalyptus, and redwood that make fine outdoor furniture, we still worried about the longevity of the furniture, maintenance, and the environmental impact that the use of these woods is causing on forests around the world.
Instead, we found Polywood! Polywood outdoor furniture is manufactured in Syracuse, Indiana. It is 100% American made and super eco-friendly. The composite plastic lumber has the look, thickness, weight, and feel of real wood and it’s virtually indestructible.
From Rocking Chairs to Full Outdoor Dining Sets, Our POLYWOOD Quattro Furniture Has it All!
Classic Adirondack chairs are timeless, there’s no denying that. But, what if you want something a little more contemporary looking, without compromising the Adirondack style? Well, we’re excited to offer you just that, a modern twist on the well-known design. Enter the POLYWOOD Quattro Collection!
We do the worrying so you don’t have to…at least when it comes to outdoor kids furniture
Kids and grandkids can get into a lot of things. I know my sister and I put our parents through the ringer. From eating wild mushrooms that would turn us into Princess Fairies, honey fights in the kitchen and covering each other in Vaseline, our parents had their work cut out.
Environmentalists take note. Cleaning up the beach has never been so easy with American Made Outdoor Patio Furniture.
It’s the lazy environmental activist’s dream: all weather outdoor patio furniture that works to clean up the oceans while you relax sipping a pina colada on the beach. Too good to be true? Actually this one of those rare times where you can have your cocktail and drink it too. It turns out the latest in American made outdoor patio furniture, is a line of eco-friendly chairs, tables, lounges and rockers all made from recycled plastic bottles. The best part: the furniture is well designed, beautiful and lasts for many years.
Stylish, Environmentally Friendly and a Lifetime Guarantee are just some of the reasons we’re obsessed with POLYWOOD Outdoor Patio Furniture!
I recently wrote about why you should consider buying POLYWOOD outdoor patio furniture. After writing it and highlighting the benefits of investing in POLYWOOD, I wanted to show you just how diverse the POLYWOOD collections are in style, design, color and size.
I’ve created a list of 7 collections and/or pieces I love and I’m sure you will, too!
Your porch or patio is a great place to entertain guests, dine, and relax with your friends and family. Even a simple backyard can be transformed into a beautiful secondary living space when designed well! Simple upgrades in your outdoor furniture, lighting, and decor can turn your space from plain to inspiring in no time!
Here are some great outdoor furniture ideas to help you plan your space:
1. Think about what you use your space for, or what you want to use your space for the most in the future. Do you want it to be a relaxing place for your family? A place to entertain friends and host parties? A nice spot to spend time alone and read? Think about what you envision the space being. This will dictate the decisions you make about your outdoor furniture & decor.
2. Draw out your space. Measuring your space is imperative in buying outdoor furniture because you need to know the exact amount of space you have available before you start buying. Go out to your space and analyze what the typical traffic patterns will be. Do you need a lot of room for people to walk around? Take notes on highly trafficked areas you’d like to keep clear.
3. Browse Pinterest & other inspiration sites for all of the elements you’d like to see on your patio space. Think about food– do you need a grill, decorative wood serving bowls, or dining tables & chairs? How about your lighting–candles are always a great option for a romantic and dreamy outdoor space. Hanging string lights are festive and bring life into the space. Get a piece of paper, browse Pinterest & take note of all of the different things you love about porch and patio decor.
4. Consider the climate. Will your outdoor furniture & decor need to be weather resistant? If your patio furniture will be exposed to harsh heat, cold, winds, rain, etc… you might want to consider products that are maintenance free and can survive throughout even the most severe weather conditions! Do a little browsing online and you’ll find great outdoor rugs to keep the floor looking stylish and resistant to the weather too! If your furniture, rugs, etc, will be exposed to rain and wetness, don’t use any fabrics that will mold or decay over time!
5. Colors. Choose color schemes that bring out the personality of your space and your home! We love the bright blue of this ultra modern outdoor furniture set–accented by the blue water of the pool. Think about your space and the feeling you want your porch or patio to give your guests, and find colorful furniture and decor to match it! Browse Pinterest for inspiration.
Stay tuned for more updates on the perfect outdoor furniture style for you & your space!
Already following our Blog? For more info sign up for our e-newsletter
For five years our customers have been asking us to offer eco-friendly outdoor furniture that meets the same high quality standards that our handcrafted, Vermont made indoor furniture does. I’m sorry for the delay… we weren’t ignoring you. We just had a lot of research and soul searching to do.
The issue with outdoor furniture is that the really high quality, solid wood furniture we were considering is of questionable origin. Teak and mahogany are about the only types of wood that would meet our standards for weather resistance and longevity but they are both rainforest woods that are often harvested illegally and unsustainably. Our company mission is founded on forest conservation principles and we’ve made the decision not to offer outdoor furniture made of rainforest woods.
After researching all the alternatives we selected a wood-alternative material for our first outdoor furniture line. It’s called poly wood and is made of recycled beverage containers. Instead of clear-cutting engandered rainforests to make our furniture, we’re taking plastic out of the waste stream. We see that as a WIN-WIN situation for the customer and the environment.
Have a look at our new outdoor patio furniture collection as it comes online. We’re just starting the process of getting everything ready for the Spring season, but you can still get a good idea of what’s to come. Let me know what you think of poly wood and whether you would consider it for your outdoor patio, deck or garden. It’s not real wood, but it wears even better than wood– so well, that we’re able to give it a lifetime guarantee just like our indoor furniture. It’s good stuff– check it out!
Already following our Blog? For more info sign up for our e-newsletter