Christmas is drawing near. How did that happen so fast? If you’re like me and haven’t made much of a dent in your shopping yet, don’t panic. Stop by Stonehurst and experience the gift of “shopping relaxation”. Sounds like an oxy moron? Picture this: you get off Interstate 91 in Bernardston, MA and enjoy a scenic 6 mile drive along a lovely country road lined with old farmhouses, maple trees and scenic mountain vistas. Winding around the corner into Vernon, Vermont you come upon the snow-covered site of a lost ski area: Pine Top. It’s now the home of Vermont’s newest destination shopping experience, Stonehurst: an upscale furniture, home decor and fine arts showroom.
You turn in the driveway and tread up the entrance path to enter a 19th century homestead that’s been lovingly restored and renovated into a Vermont furniture store, showcasing authentic Vermont made home decor, gifts and artwork. Upon entry you are greeted by Liz who warmly welcomes you to Stonehurst and offers you a choice of hot chocolate, warm apple cider or a glass of chilled chardonnay. Now that’s what I call shopping relaxation.
What kind of Christmas gifts does a fine furniture store have to offer you ask? Here’s a partial list of the handmade home decor items you’ll find for sale at Stonehurst:
- Original fine artworks by Vermont artists including Linda Marcille, Janet Picard, Caryn King, Georgie and Susan Osgood
- Wooden cutting boards, bowls, servers, coasters and plates by JK Adams
- Wine racks, Pot Racks, Spice racks and other wooden kitchen ware
- Handmade quilts, linens and totes by various Vermont artisans
- Handcrafted pens by Micah Ranquist
- Gift certificates and more!
Take the stress out of your holiday shopping. Come shop with us at Stonehurst and remember what the holidays are really all about.
Already following our Blog? For more info sign up for our e-newsletter