Our Large Custom Live Edge Table is hand-made to order by veteran Vermont furniture designer, Greg Goodman. Your choice of eco-friendly black walnut, American natural cherry, oak, maple or any number of other thick, solid wood slabs. Searching for a distinctive, luxury, two-tone table with contrasting woods for the table top and table base? Natural cherry and maple is a popular combination, as is the pairing of cherry and walnut. Select 1" to 4" thick slabs either online or in person at our affiliated lumber yards. Choose from eco-friendly, natural, thick, live edge wood slabs, burl slabs, highly figured wood slabs, quarter-sawn wood slabs and book-matched wood slab sets, all sustainably harvested, reclaimed, recycled or salvaged.
- Available in your choice of small, medium and large, table sizes.
- Base price represents 58" wide x 92" long x 30" high Large Custom Live Edge Table, as shown.
- Custom sizes and variations priced accordingly.
- Handmade in Vermont, USA, of thick solid wood slabs
- Choice of natural cherry, maple, oak, walnut and many other character woods
- Top shape- free form rectangular (other shapes available)
- Top thickness- 2” (other thicknesses available)
- Top edging- rounded live edge (other choices available)
- Premium quality wide boards selected for top
- Built to order. Custom sizes and options available
- Joinery: Mortise and tenon
- Finish: Hand-rubbed natural oil or natural/synthetic oil blend
- Shipping not included.
Natural variations in real wood and hand applied finishes make each piece of furniture unique. Slight grain and finish irregularities tell you that the furniture has been crafted from real trees. They are considered hallmarks of genuine authenticity and quality.
Heartwood and Sapwood: We use both heartwood & sapwood in our furniture and do our best to keep the grain color consistent. You may however, notice grain color variations particularly on the bottom of table tops and on table legs.
Mineral Deposits: One characteristic of natural wood (particularly cherry) is the mineral deposit--a small black fleck in the grain where sap was stored. Mineral deposits (or pitch pockets) are natural and randomly occurring. They do not diminish the strength or quality of your furniture, but rather add to its uniqueness.
Cherry Wood Color: Natural cherry wood starts out as a light-toned wood. It darkens as it is exposed to light. This process depends upon the amount of natural and artificial light in the room. It can take anywhere from a month to a number of years. Most customers report that their furniture darkens within 4-6 months.
Furniture Returns: The use of sapwood and frequency of mineral deposits in our furniture is reflected in the product photos throughout our website. Like any other fine furniture maker, we cannot guarantee the absence of mineral deposits or sapwood and we cannot consider their presence a reason for furniture returns.