A Doug Jones original, this whimsical Custom Folk Art Bench was recently displayed in the Museum of International Folk Art in Santa Fe, New Mexico as "A Chair for All Reasons". African stools and headrests are among the many sources of Doug's inspiration for this piece. The wood scroll draws from the large pillows on late-Victorian settees and fainting couches. The artisan also worked with a stylized version of shapes found in nature that unfurl, like fern leaves. "One of the things I love about contemporary design is the freedom to combine diverse sources, ancient and new, natural and manufactured, to create a new object," Doug Jones, award-winning artisan furniture maker.
- Artisan crafted of eco-friendly, natural solid cherry hardwood
- Each piece custom built with its own unique characteristics
- Available in FSC-certified wood
- Customize to include names, dates or other creative personal touches
- Finish: Hand-rubbed oil/varnish and milk paint finish standard
- Custom finishes available upon request
- Lifetime Guarantee