Title: Logistics Coordinator CLOSED
Company: Vermont Woods Studios, LLC
Location: Vernon, VT
Status: Full-Time Position. This position has been filled. Thank you for your interest in Vermont Woods Studios!
Company Profile: Vermont Woods Studios is a retailer of luxury, fine wooden furniture that's handcrafted in Vermont and exported to upscale homes all across the country. Our primary retail outlet is an award-winning online furniture store although we also maintain a rural showroom in Vernon, Vermont. We ship furniture locally and throughout the USA. We are a small, family owned business.
Company Mission: At Vermont Woods Studios we believe that businesses have a responsibility to make the world a better place. We are a mission driven company, existing because we have a passion for the environment, fine woodworking and high style. If those ideals speak to you, read on.
Job Description: The logistics coordinator is an entry to mid level position at Vermont Woods Studios. You must be highly skilled in both personal and electronic communications. You will be responsible for all aspects of getting our furniture from our craftsman’s workshops to our customers’ homes all across the country. Your performance is key to delighting our customers and growing our business. Your daily routine will include:
- Working with our staff, vendors, shippers and customers to arrange deliveries across the USA
- Letting customers know that their furniture is complete and keeping them updated on estimated delivery schedules
- Communicating with our vendors to schedule furniture pick ups
- Communicating with our shippers to arrange pickups and deliveries
- Interfacing with the sales team to organize, schedule and deliver furniture within a 2 hour radius of Vernon, VT (most of our furniture is delivered by third party, specialty furniture delivery companies, however we often deliver locally with our own truck)
- Tracking your logistics communications with our software systems and helping to continuously improve automation of information flow between the systems
- Occasionally picking up product at vendors located 1-3 hours away and consolidating orders from multiple vendors in our Vernon, VT warehouse
- Organizing our warehouse and labeling product for shipment
- Maintaining all aspects of warehouse management which include equipment and building maintenance
- Learning furniture repair and deluxing techniques
- Experience > 1 year of warehouse/logistics experience is desired
- Use of logistics software systems including set-up, automation and integration is desired
- Clean driving record to be able to drive the company van is required
- Furniture delivery logistics experience is desired
- High school graduate
- Post secondary education in logistics & communications software desired
- Strong communication skills are essential to confidently explain information and converse with customers, vendors, shippers and VWS staff
- Advanced software skills and use of CRM, email, logistics, Google Cloud products (mail, calendar, sheets) are desired
- Organizational skills to effectively process all tasks and record accurately in Cloud based software systems
- Self-confidence to take the initiative to approach potential customers/clients
- Achievement-motivated to work with Vermont Woods Studios to set and surpass realistic goals
- Equipment maintenance skills desired
- Vermont Woods Studios’ office building/showroom is located at 538 Huckle Hill road, Vernon, VT 05354
- VWS shipping depot is located at 2531 Fort Bridgman Rd, Vernon, VT
- Somewhat flexible schedule
- 40 hour work week that supports VWS operations and customer support
- Typically Monday to Friday
- Minimal amount of being “on-call”
Compensation: Negotiable and dependent on work experience.
Vermont Woods Studios is an equal opportunity employer.