"Made in America" Update for Local Vernon and Brattleboro Area Residents. Come Join Us and Be On National TV!
We have set up this page to let Vernon and Brattleboro area residents know about the ABC World News segment that's going to feature our town as part of their ongoing Made in America series.
ABC's camera crew will be in Vernon filming all day Tuesday, Nov 22. We're asking you to help spread the word to everyone in the area so they can participate and be on TV if they like. I think this could be a lot of fun for everyone.
The details are still evolving but here's what we know so far. We will update with further details as they come in:
- ABC News will have a camera crew here all day on Tuesday, Nov 22 to capture the spirit of our town
- They became interested in Vernon because Dennis Shanoff, an employee at Vermont Woods Studios decided to challenge our staff to buy only American made gifts at Christmas
- We started blogging about it and put it on Facebook and somehow the story found its way to Diane Sawyer's desk
- Diane is championing a Made in America series at ABC and thought this story would fit into her series
- ABC's purpose is to interview townspeople and ask about whether you are buying more American made stuff this holiday season? What? Why? Where? etc.
- ABC's schedule is still developing, but when I talked to the producer Christine Brozyna today, this is what she had in mind:
- 9am Chad Woodruff’s Custom Furniture Workshop
- 9:30 Firestation
- 10am Schoolhouse Grocery. Come have coffee and meet the new manager, Chad Mulverhill. Free coffee!
- Noon-- Visit the town hall, library, gazebo and memorial. They want to interview some people and they'd like to have a "huge" crowd. Please come and participate: craftspeople, Business people, families, students, Town employees, Seniors, Preschool kids and parents, VY employees, Firemen, Selectboard. Bring some of your work (holiday gift suggestions!) and they may feature it and interview you about it. Plus, The Portside Tavern is providing FREE PIZZA!
- 2pm Assembly at Vernon Elementary School
- 4pm Annette Roydon’s Farm
- 5pm Vermont Woods Studios Showroom
The schedule is subject to change but the crowd scene will definitely be at noon at the Town Hall. We will post updates at VES, The Schoolhouse, The Portside, the Town Hall and on this page.
If you'd like to be interviewed, you probably want to have a couple sound bites in mind like what you do in town and what you might be doing to "buy American" this Christmas. Here's a clip of a similar segment in the ABC series. People in the crowd scene will all have a chance to present visuals and facts to feature on the national show.
Let's have some fun with it!
The show will air on ABC's World News with Diane Sawyer soon! Stay tuned for airing details.