Customized Dining Table Information, Extensions, Leaves and Options
Vermont Woods Studios makes it easy to design the perfect extension table or solid-top table for your home. Almost all of our dining tables are available with many custom options, and can be extended with one, two or three leaves. It is affordable to customize the dimensions, alter or expand upon an existing design.
Additional Information for Lyndon Tables:
- Suggested space allowance is 22 - 24 per person when figuring table size needed.
- Oval Tables: dining tables are racetrack ovals.
- Corian table tops often available - contact us for pricing. We must know color series to quote.
- Radius corner dimensions on tables: Tables up to 36 W will have 2 radius corners. Tables 36 W - 42 W will have 3 radius corners. Tables 42 W - 48 W will have 5 radius corners.
- Table Slides: If your table top has the correct slides, it should not sag. Gear slides are purposely made to sag in the middle so that when the table is fully extended and the ends are overhanging the base, the top will balance and lay flat. All wood slides are used on 4-leg tables and split pedestals and have an arch in them until the leaves are put in. Trestle extension tables are built with geared slides.
- The grain on extension tables runs the width of the table top. The grain on solid top tables runs the length of the table top.
- Any four leg base 48 round and above (non-gear slides) can be made with three 18 leaves for an additional charge, but cannot have self storing leaves.
- Self storing leaves are not available in tables of the following widths: < 36 W or > 48 W. A maximum of 2 leaves can be stored in self-storing devices. Custom tables may not be available with self-storing leaves. Call for customization details.
- Table locks are applied only to trestle tables as standard. They are available upon request on most tables, but please be advised they may be visible and in an area where knees may hit.
- Table height change of a 6 maximum is available on most solid top tables for an additional charge.
- Table height for the following styles cannot be changed:
- Cherry Blossom
- Vermont Modern Lotus
- American Mission Trestle
- French Country Leg
- Cabriole and Duncan-Phyfe
- American Craftsman
- Turned Leg
- Natural Vermont
- Vermont Modern Wave
- Tear Drop Leg
- To buy a table top or base only, contact us for pricing.
- To add one drawer to any solid top dining table, see options availbe on each product (solid top, long side only).
- For a bevel, bullnose or thumbnail edge, see options available on each product.
Contact us to get started designing your own custom dining table!