Careers, Jobs, Employment Opportunities
Position: Marketing Assistant (CLOSED)
Location: Vernon, Vermont
Type: Regular - Full Time - Entry Level Position
Date Posted: August 10, 2015
Start Date: ASAP
Vermont Woods Studios showcases Vermont's fine furniture makers online. Our craftsmen build their handmade wood furniture right here in Vermont using local and regional hardwoods which are sustainably harvested from well managed forests. We photograph their work and offer their furniture for sale on our website and at Stonehurst, our rural showroom in Vernon, VT. It's now the premier online fine furniture gallery in the United States and we are looking for a smart, self-motivated individual to help us make it even better.
Are you a bright, determined, high achiever looking for an exciting opportunity to hone your social media, photo editing and marketing skills? Do you love working as part of a mission-driven team? Are you able to learn new skills easily? If so, read on! We're looking for a team player who enjoys a challenge and is able to embrace all the craziness (and fun!) that characterize a young, aggressive small business.
ABOUT THE JOB
- The job is an entry level position with significant opportunity to move up and grow with our company. Initially you will receive on the job training about our company and our website. As you become more familiar with Vermont Woods Studios you'll soon find yourself managing marketing activities such as the company blog, press releases, social media campaigns (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram) and Email campaigns.
- This is a full time (40 hr/wk) long term position with an initial three month probation period. Due to the amount of training we provide, we ask that candidates be willing to make a minimum 2 year commitment to working at Vermont Woods Studios after successful completion of the probationary period.
- Work location is at Stonehurst in Vernon, VT.
- Exceptional organizational and coordinating skills
- Self motivated and driven to succeed in challenging situations
- Ability to manage your time productively, proactively and independently
- Attention to detail
- Maintain confidentiality
- Flexible with changing work priorities
- Work independently and organize and prioritize work load
- Learn quickly and juggle multiple projects in a team setting
- High tolerance for ambiguity
- Proficient in computer and Internet use, including standard office software, gmail and MS Office Suite
- Proficient with social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Linked in
- Proficient with digital photography, Adobe Photoshop photo editing software and Adobe InDesign graphic design software
- Proficient in writing blogs and press releases
- Experience with online shopping
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
The successful candidate will also have some or all of the following:
- Excellent writing skills
- Some college level courses in basic computer skills, computer science, marketing, graphic design
- Experience in furniture industry
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
High school diploma, advanced computer and Internet skill, some college level marketing courses or equivalent experience
Starting at $12-$14/hour depending on skills and experience. Potential for quarterly bonuses based on individual and team performance.
If you are interested, please email your resume, educational curricula and/or transcript, achievements, availability and at least 3 personal or professional references to email@example.com. Include Application for Marketing Assistant in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Check back periodically and keep an eye on our blog for future job openings with Vermont Woods Studios. Visit our Facebook page too for job openings and all the latest happenings at Vermont Woods Studios.
Manager of social media marketing activities involving Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Houzz, YouTube, customer testimonials, company newsletter and more. Assistance writing the company blog, website content and Email campaigns. The internship requires a blend of strong organizational skills and creativity.
Are you a self-motivated individual who loves to work with social media applications in the field of marketing? Can you learn new skills easily? Do you have advanced computer skills and Internet proficiency? How about an interest in furniture & home decor styles? Can you organize information to make your work more efficient? If you're answering yes and you're a focused, hard worker, we want to meet you. We're looking for a team player who enjoys a challenge and is able to embrace all the chaos (and fun!) that characterize a young, aggressive small business.
Important Qualifications for Intern:
- You must be local, within easy commuting distance to Vernon, VT
- Exceptional skills in organization, prioritization and time management
- Experience with application of online marketing technologies and social media
- Ability to work individually on self-driven projects as well as part of a team
Skills, Attributes and Knowledge Desired:
- Knowledge of traditional and online marketing principles
- Capable of writing blogs, reports, procedures and business correspondence
- Ability to solve problems, analyze data and suggest appropriate solutions
- Ability to work under stress to meet project deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Desire to learn and contribute
- Knowledge and experience with Google Adwords
- Knowledge and experience with data collection, reporting, research
Hours and Compensation:
- 20 hours per week with flexible schedule
- $9.50 per hour
Vermont Woods Studios is a local, small business that showcases Vermont's fine furniture makers in our online gallery. We partner with craftsmen who have been creating handmade collections of high quality wood furniture for many years. Our furniture is made right here in Vermont using solid hardwoods which are sustainably harvested from well managed forests.
We are the premier online fine furniture gallery in America and we are looking for an intern to assist our high tech team with social media projects. See our website for more information and links to our social media properties.
CONTACT US IF YOU ARE INTERESTED
Please send information about your educational curricula, GPA & achievements, examples of your work, availability and references if you are interested in this internship. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Include Marketing Intern in the subject line. No phone calls please.