This Vermont winter event is the perfect opportunity to get outside to do something you love, or to try something new. There is a small fee to participate in the event, $10 (or $8 if you’re a member), but the Green Mountain Club’s 17th Annual Snowshoe Festival and Winter Party is to benefit their education programs.
The event consists of guided snowshoe hikes and nature walks around the 40 acres surrounding the Green Mountain Club’s headquarters in Waterbury, Vermont. The tours are tailored towards a variety of skill levels, so if you’re a beginner, don’t be afraid to join in on the fun! This is a great time to learn how to snowshoe and enjoy wintertime. The event will also have tours for intermediate and advanced snowshoers. These hikes will take place from 8:30am-3:00pm.
If staying at the Green Mountain Club’s headquarters is up your alley, here is the list of on-campus workshops:
- A Bird On Glove demonstration by VINS (with funding from Kettering Family Foundation)
- Dog Sledding with Anam Cara Siberians
- Winter Cooking and Camping with South Burlington’s Eastern Mountain Sports
- Kids’ activities through the Winooski Valley Park District
- Massages by Jeffery Williams, Certified Massage Therapist
- North Branch Nature Center’s Animal Tracking
- How to Dress in Layers and Having Fun with Kids with Outdoor Gear Exchange
- Face-painting with Joy from vermontfaceandbody.com
- Snowflake making, snacks, and more!